Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

9 Signs of Spiritual Maturity - Happiness

9 Signs of Spiritual Maturity - Happiness
 
Isn't it great to laugh with a friend when times are good? Having fun, life is going well and "all is good"? I don't know about you, but its even better to share that with a friend when life is stressful and its "better to laugh than cry". Medical Research tells us that laughter reduces stress hormones and increases endorphins which are the body's "feel ...good hormones". God tells us that if we laugh more often than not, it will lengthen our life! Let's start medicating ourselves with laughter. How do we do this when we feel "laugh deprived"?

Laugh for 30 minutes once a day.

How Can we do this?

1. Watch comedy DVDs.
Schedule regular dates to watch your favourite comedians and let them tickle your funny bone in your own living room. I have a few and when I'm watching them my daughter just laughs at my laugh:) Do you have some favorites?

2. Talk or Call an entertaining friend.
I have a best friend that when I call her "wanting to vent" she has me laughing in 15 minutes - no lie! She has such a good sense of humor that it changes my perspective on the current situation. I also work with funny ladies and when we get together and discuss things - I always seem to be laughing when sometimes I could pull my hair out at work!

3. Have "kid" time or "pet" time.
What is it about kids and pets that instantly help us to see the funny side of things. Well, kids "most of the time" lol. Just watching them play or get excited helps you to feel joyful with them.
 
FATHER GOD - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING US LAUGHTER TO SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER. IT IS MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL. PLEASE HELP US TO CONCENTRATE ON YOUR BLESSINGS AND KEEPING AN ATTITUDE OF JOY DURING OUR DAY. IN EVERY SITUATION, YOU GIVE US BLESSINGS TO BE JOYFUL ABOUT AMEN.
 
 
Proverbs 17:22 (NCV) A happy heart is like good medicine,
but a broken spirit drains your strength

“When was the last time you had a good belly-shaking-tear-jerking-snot-producing laugh?That long?... That's the problem......"Osayi Osar-Emokpae

Psalms 126:2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment