Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Laughter - Medicine for the Soul



22 A happy heart is like good medicine, but a broken spirit drains your strength. Proverbs 17:22

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane." Robert Frost - lol

 

Yes I'll admit. I've been having the case of the stir crazies this last go around of snow/ice. You know the feeling - desperately wanting to go out and do something "anything". Having watched everything you wanted to watch on "netfilx" :-), catching up on the laundry, balancing the checkbook..... then thinking "what else is there to do"? Have you been there? lol

My dad, stepmom and I decided to get together and play cards. Something I know I haven't done in 10 forevers. And did we have fun - I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. They did too:-).Boy did I need that! Don't you believe that God "knew" we needed laughter to get through rough patches, restless times, times we couldn't control? When we are able to tap into the humurous side of life, the erupting laughter becomes a mighty healing stream. - "medicine for the soul". Many believers cannot accept that laughter is part of God's relationship with us.

Father God - Thank you so much for creating us to laugh with each other- to heal, to get through restless and tough times. Remind us that we need "each other" in fellowship to help each other through. Remind us that when we think of Your Love for us that we can be joyful of the purpose that You have for us. Thank you for being our Creator. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment