Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

OBTAINING GUIDANCE BY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND OUR "GUT FEELINGS


The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly. Proverbs 20:27 (KJB)

For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10 (ESV)

Seek and embrace knowledge and advice but trust your gut feeling. Kenny Nola

The rational soul and conscience are as a lamp within us, which should be used in examining our dispositions and motives with the revealed will of God (Matthew Henry's Commentary, Proverbs 20:27)

As a person that only used "head knowledge" and "followed emotions" of the heart for most of my life thus far; learning to ask the Holy Spirit to guide me has been a relatively new process. As a best friend always tells me, "if I knew then what I know now...." lol. In my opinion, biblically; God instructs that if we base our decisions in life only on "head knowledge" or "emotions of the heart"; Satan truly has an easy foothold in our decisions. For me, its been easier to "trust my gut" when I am in daily communication and study with God. Some people believe we are listening our "conscience". I think that's true. But what I know, from my experience is that when I quiet my mind and heart - ask God to reveal what he wants me to do in a situation, the ANSWER is there. I feel it, believe it. A feeling of knowing what to do amongst the clutter of the mind and ever changing emotions.

If you haven't experienced how to tap into your "gut feelings" I'd encourage you to try with God's guidance. In a prayerful state, ask God to reveal what he wants you to do in a particular situation. Usually, for me; there is a strong YES if He wants me to proceed. If there is not a strong direction one way or the other; then He is telling me to not proceed. And sometimes there can be a strong answer of NO.

I understand that for some the concept of the Holy Spirit and "gut feelings" is difficult to believe, or comprehend. But everyone has a different walk with the Holy Spirit. The key is to examine yours:)

Father God - Thank you so much for Your Holy Spirit prompting us to discern, make wise decisions and be closer with You. Thank you for making us complex beings in Your Image. Help remind us that You are with us in our daily walk. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment