Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year-New Beginnings Start with Daily Blessings

Blessed be the Lord day by day: the God of our salvation will make our journey prosperous to us. Psalm 68:19 (DRB)

"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli


A secret to happiness is prayerfully counting your blessings, while offering thanks to God. This is something I continue to work on DAILY :).

When I'm having a bad day, sometimes I remind myself to take a few minutes and start thanking God for all the blessings He's given to me. Shelter, food, my immediate family/children, a job, etc. Thankful for basics? You betcha! I find that my focus turns from things that make me sad, to things that make me happy. Before long, with God's guidance and in God's will; we begin to have faith that ALL things are possible. There is hope for the future and options are limitless, through His Love for us.

In summary, counting blessings that we receive is the first step in identifying, working toward and achieving goals never thought possible through Him.

Blessings in the New Year !

Father God - Thank you so much for giving us the blessing of starting afresh every morning. Help us to count our blessings more than we count our problems. Guide us to be a blessing for others. Show us that with daily discipline in Your Word and communication with you that ALL things are possible through You. Thank you for your faithfulness and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment