Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

God's Gifts - A New Beginning with each New Sunrise

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness,
but shall have the light of life."John 8:12

SUNRISE---

Oh, Lord today I was breathless, when I saw the beauty of Your love
while gazing at the sunrise peaking through the skies above.

I watched as the stars disappeared, fading with the dark of night
the morning first rays beaming with Your glorious eternal light.

As the beauty rose up before me, a crimson glow was all I could see
oh, Lord today I was breathless as Your beauty surrounded me.

How I love these early mornings, when I get a glimpse of You
watching Your love spread outas Your glory shines through.

Lord, You gave me this sunrise, with just the stroke of Your hand
oh, Lord today I was breathless as You lit up the whole land.


Copyright 2013
Deborah Ann Belka

With all the hussle and bussle of "getting ready for Christmas" : buying presents, getting menus together, shopping, Christmas parties; its difficult to realize how many daily gifts we receive from God. It was on my mind today that "every sunrise/morning" is a true blessing from God. NOW, do I think that EVERY morning?? No lol. Sometimes its hard to get up, think about bus duty on a cold morning, bills that need to be paid, etc. But with each day He allows us to "start again" and meditate our hearts on Him and love for others. No matter what we are going through, he is consistent and faithful like "the morning sunrise" to give us new hope and beginnings for the day.

 Challenge for this day/every morning: Will all of our hearts, let's thank God and praise Him for His immeasurable love and grace. Let us look at each new day as a new beginning, and an opportunity to show Him how grateful we are for all He has done for us. Recognize that the trials in our lives have been orchestrated out of love and for a reason. They are meant to refine and transform us. Let's thank the Lord for each new day, and each new challenge, and each new person He sends our way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment