Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

MOVING FORWARD AND REALIZING YOUR WORTH THROUGH GOD

                                                FROM PAIN TO PEACE
                        Moving forward and Realizing Your Worth through God

Jer 33:6 "'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security."

Job 12:13, 22 But true wisdom and power are found in God; counsel and understanding are His … He uncovers mysteries hidden in darkness; He brings light to the deepest gloom.”



Anguish - an·guish noun extreme suffering, grief, or pain.

When we have been through trauma/anguish, it feels like the emotional scars will be there forever. Emotional and psychological trauma is the result of extraordinarily stressful events that shatter your sense of security, making you feel helpless and vulnerable in a dangerous world. Any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and alone can be traumatic, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm. It’s not the objective facts that determine whether an event is traumatic, but your subjective emotional experience of the event. The more frightened and helpless you feel, the more likely you are to be traumatized.

Having worked with individuals/families dealing with trauma AND having experienced traumatic experiences myself, God has placed it my heart to write journal/book about my experiences professionally and personally and my journey back to His love and peace to help others.

Rejection is a cruel and degrading experience. Self-worth goes down the drain. You are torn to bits and pieces and you wonder if any of the pieces will fit again. I wondered who cares, who understands? I'm a failure, and why do I exist?

Even though I felt unloved and unwanted due to traumatic events and relationships, God seemed to call my name. He longed for me to turn my eyes on Him. As I meditate on His Word and pray for Him to move the mountain of pain , He revealed Himself so clearly that I no longer saw the mountain, but I saw Jesus. He took my hand in His and He began to lead me. He wanted me to lean on Him. God brought me to my knees as I cried for mercy, His forgiveness, and His presence. My emotions had to be brought under control and given over to Jesus. I needed/still need the reality of His presence and nearness for the long lonely hours and nights that happen. When I am willing to see God as bigger, greater, and stronger than my burdens and problems, I am able to see a ray of hope as I turn my eyes upon Him. We are NEVER alone - we have our biggest confidant by our side always!


Dear Lord - thank you so much for your healing and peace where and when we need it if we call on you. Help us to find the purpose you have planned for us when we experience pain and turn it over for your glory and to help others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment